Saturday, November 27, 2010

Peter: First!

We prompt each other to do things, I've learned. Human nature is to push a similar counterpart, and in turn they will push back and some progression should be made; we call those "advances." So here is my daily advance, this blog.


Mindy prompted us to find a forum to share our thoughts regarding our trip to South Korea, or about our adoption, really anything. I've been blogging about this subject for some time on my personal blog, but never have I been part of a joint blog-oreum. This is kind of cool. And it is Mindy who pushes me to make this progression. Thanks.


My life post-Korea is lackluster at best. Being the youngest in the bunch I'm kind of fortunate that I still have required necessities, like graduating, to occupy most of my time. That being said, Korea is never far from my thoughts. I found that the biggest change in my overall attitude toward being adopted was that once I returned from the trip I had a general acceptance for the situation of being adopted. As opposed to pre-trip when I sometimes desperately clung to anything "Korean" and fought to solidify my adoptee-identity; post-trip I came back home with a sense that this is a part of me (a rather large part) and it will always be that way and I will always think on it and whatnot, but by no means do I need to prove anything other than it is what it is. 


Now I'm sure when I am older and getting married or pursing a career this will change and I'll need to find that ground that I think I found in Korea. But I'll wait until then.


For now I find that thinking about Korea makes me smile, rather than sit pensively and cry.


Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment